Monday, November 10, 2008

Found $500 in the bank

I closed a bank account today because they kept hitting me with these ridiculous $8 fees each month for no purpose. Used the ATM a few days in a row to get rid of the $1980 balance, then went into the branch this morning to close it. She cashed me out $683, which was $533 more than I figured I had coming.

Ends up I had a savings account that was debiting $53 a month out of my checking account, and I didn't realize it. So now I have to go shopping this week and spend it before it ends up in a bank and out of my reach.

What should I buy?

2 comments:

Lisa said...

How about a vacation.

ChicagoSane said...

Ha, I travel enough!

I bought new shoes, belt, wallet and socks at Nordstrom.

Then gave the rest to the local STD testing clinic.

Thanks for the idea, though.